This highly interactive programme is designed to give you an understanding of the plastering trade. It is developed in alignment with units from the Plastering; National Occupational Standards (NOS) so can be used for study towards certification. It covers the technicalities of plastering as well as looking at sustainability, health & safety and functional skills in an interactive and visually engaging manner.
The training programme is based on highly interactive multimedia screens comprised of text, 3D graphics, 2D/3D animation, audio and an end test. It is extremely engaging, clear and intuitive.
Once you have completed the tutorials, a 3D virtual reality scenario allows you to carry out plastering in a safe practice area. A real life situation tests your ability and knowledge of plastering. When complete, a printable report displays your score and detailed feedback about how well you performed.
The training facilitates learning and enhances the understanding of plastering concepts as well as instilling good working practices. The main objectives of the programme are:
- To give an understanding of the plastering process
- To cover technical aspects involved with the trade
- To provide vital health and safety information
- To provide an awareness of sustainability and environmental issues
- To improve functional skills
- Understand the role of the plasterer in the working environment and have knowledge of some of the tools that will be used
- Understand the different backgrounds that can be plastered/rendered
- Be able to explain the choice of materials for a project, calculate the correct quantities, source these from an appropriate supplier and identify the correct disposal method for waste materials
- Understand the preparation and procedures for rendering exterior surfaces
- Understand the sequence of work and procedures for plastering interior surfaces
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Getting Started. Introduction, Communication, Tools.
- Module 2: Backgrounds. Background Preparation, Interior and Exterior Backgrounds.
- Module 3: Materials. Types of Materials, Mixing Materials, Plasterboard, Ordering, Storing and Disposing of Materials.
- Module 4: External Rendering. Preparation, External Rendering Methods.
- Module 5: Internal Plastering. Walls, Working with Plasterboard, Ceilings, Floors, Fibrous Plasterwork, Checking for Faults.
- Module 6: End Test. Questions to test understanding of the theory covered in the tutorial modules.
- Scenario. An interactive 3D virtual reality scenario.
Don’t forget once you have purchased and received your product, leave a "Customer Review" and share your thoughts with others.