This highly interactive programme is designed to enhance your understanding of the bricklaying process and technical aspects of the trade. It is developed in alignment with units from the Trowel Occupations; National Occupational Standards (NOS) so can be used for study towards certification. It covers the technicalities of bricklaying as well as looking at sustainability, health & safety and functional skills in an interactive and visually engaging manner.
The training programme is based on highly interactive multimedia screens comprised of text, 3D graphics, 2D/3D animation, audio and an end test. It is extremely engaging, clear and intuitive.
Once you have completed the tutorials, a 3D virtual reality scenario allows you to carry out bricklaying in a safe practice area. A real life situation tests your ability and knowledge of bricklaying. When complete, a printable report displays your score and detailed feedback about how well you performed.
The training facilitates learning and enhances the understanding of bricklaying concepts as well as instilling good working practices. The main objectives of the programme are:
- To give an understanding of the bricklaying process
- To cover technical aspects involved with the trade
- To provide vital health and safety information
- To provide an awareness of sustainability and environmental issues
- To improve functional skills
- Programme Benefits
- Be able to explain the preliminary works carried out prior to the start of any bricklaying
- Understand the role of the bricklayer in the working environment and have knowledge of some of the tools that will be used
- Be able to explain the choice of materials for a project, calculate the correct quantities, source these from an appropriate supplier and identify the correct disposal method for waste materials
- Understand the processes involved in setting out the structure on the site
- Understand the different types of foundations, bondings and floorings
- Understand the construction of brickwork including the internal structure, the cavity and the external structure
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Getting Started. Introduction, Site Analysis, Planning Permission, Codes of Practice.
- Module 2: Materials. Bricks and Blocks, Mortars, Cavity Walls, Ordering of Materials, Storage of Materials, Disposal of Waste.
- Module 3: Setting Out. Profile Boards, Setting Up Lines, Excavation, Concreting.
- Module 4: Building Below Ground. Types of Foundations, Introduction to Bonding, Brickwork to DPC, Types of Flooring.
- Module 5: Building Above Ground. Dry Bonding, Cavity Walls, Jointing & Pointing, Bridging Openings, Internal Walls, Joist Hangers and Gable Ends, Checks.
- Module 6: End Test. Questions to test understanding of the theory covered in the tutorial modules.
- Scenario. An interactive 3D virtual reality scenario.
Don’t forget once you have purchased and received your product, leave a "Customer Review" and share your thoughts with others.