CORGIdirect’s Gas Fires and Space Heaters Installer manual – now in its 4th iteration – has been reviewed against the latest changes to Building Regulations, BS 5871 Parts 1 - 4 and cross-referenced against the Gas Installer Domestic manual series to ensure the manual continues to be an up-to-date, technically accurate reference source for the modern gas professional.
The manual is designed to be used in conjunction with our foundation manual – Essential Gas Safety Domestic – and will provide the reader information on general installation details relating to gas fires and spaces heaters (radiant convector, ILFE, DFE, flueless, Heating stoves & Mobile Cabinet Heaters); gas pipework, location, flueing, ventilation, commissioning, servicing, etc.
In keeping with CORGIdirect’s technical publications, this is an invaluable addition to your technical library and with its portable size (A5) can easily be stored on your van/home for reference.
- Gas fires and space heaters – general introduction
- Open-flued gas fires
- Inset live fuel effect (ILFE) gas fires
- Decorative fuel effect (DFE) gas appliances
- Heating stoves
- Fixed convector heaters
- Room-sealed appliances
- Mobile cabinet heaters (LPG)
- General installation details
Reviewed against current industry standards.
- Part 1 General introduction – updated introduction to include information on notice plates and definitions of ‘previously used’ and ‘second hand’ gas appliances
- Part 2 Open-flued gas fires – added information on CO alarms, updated references on Building Regulations ADB, update information on redundant solid fuel boilers
- Part 3 Inset Live Fuel Effect (ILFE) gas fires – added information on CO alarms, updated information on ‘hole in the wall’ fire installations with regards to hearths/barriers, references to ADB, updated information on flueless fires
- Part 4 Decorative Fuel Effect (DFE) gas appliances – added information on CO alarms
- Part 5 Heating stoves – added information on CO alarms
- Part 6 Fixed convector heaters – added information on CO alarms, references to flueless heaters
- Part 8 Mobile cabinet heaters – update information contained within the table on ventilation
- Part 9 General installation details – updated the info on electrical connections, updated information on fireguards, updated information on terminal guards.
- General editorial clean up of publication; references, logos, verso, contents, etc
Don’t forget once you have purchased and received your product, leave a "Customer Review" and share your thoughts with others.