This highly interactive programme is designed to give you an understanding of the wall & floor tiling trade. It is developed in alignment with units from the Wall and Floor Tiling; National Occupational Standards (NOS) so can be used for study towards certification. It covers the technicalities of wall & floor tiling as well as looking at sustainability, health & safety and functional skills in an interactive and visually engaging manner.
The training programme is based on highly interactive multimedia screens comprised of text, 3D graphics, 2D/3D animation, audio and an end test. It is extremely engaging, clear and intuitive.
Once you have completed the tutorials, a 3D virtual reality scenario allows you to carry out wall & floor tiling in a safe practice area. A real life situation tests your ability and knowledge of wall & floor tiling. When complete, a printable report displays your score and detailed feedback about how well you performed.
The training facilitates learning and enhances the understanding of wall & floor tiling concepts as well as instilling good working practices. The main objectives of the programme are:
- To give an understanding of the tiling process
- To cover technical aspects involved with the trade
- To provide vital health and safety information
- To provide an awareness of sustainability and environmental issues
- To improve functional skills
- Be able to explain why tiling is an important part of the construction process
- Understand the preliminary checks that need to be carried out before tiling can start
- Be able to explain the choice of materials for a project, calculate the correct quantities, source these from an appropriate supplier and identify the correct disposal method for waste materials
- Understand the processes involved in measuring and setting out
- Be able to explain the processes involved in floor and wall tiling
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Getting Started. Introduction, Backgrounds, Communication.
- Module 2: Materials. Tiles, Adhesives and Grouts, Spacers and Trims, Tools, Ordering of Materials, Storage of Materials, Disposal of Materials.
- Module 3: Setting Out. Setting Out Floor Tiles, Setting Out Wall Tiles.
- Module 4: Applying Tiles. Laying / Applying Tiles, Cutting Tiles, Grouting, Trade Tips.
- Module 5: End Test. Questions to test understanding of the theory covered in the tutorial modules.
- Scenario. An interactive 3D virtual reality scenario.
Don’t forget once you have purchased and received your product, leave a "Customer Review" and share your thoughts with others.