This highly interactive programme is designed to give you an understanding of the painting & decorating trade. It is developed in alignment with units from the Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting; National Occupational Standards (NOS) so can be used for study towards certification. It covers the technicalities of painting & decorating as well as looking at sustainability, health & safety and functional skills in an interactive and visually engaging manner.
The training programme is based on highly interactive multimedia screens comprised of text, 3D graphics, 2D/3D animation, audio and an end test. It is extremely engaging, clear and intuitive.
Once you have completed the tutorials, a 3D virtual reality scenario allows you to carry out painting & decorating in a safe practice area. A real life situation tests your ability and knowledge of painting & decorating. When complete, a printable report displays your score and detailed feedback about how well you performed.
The training facilitates learning and enhances the understanding of painting & decorating concepts as well as instilling good working practices. The main objectives of the programme are:
- To give an understanding of the painting & decorating process
- To cover technical aspects involved with the trade
- To provide vital health and safety information
- To provide an awareness of sustainability and environmental issues
- To improve functional skills
- Understand the role of the painter / decorator in the working environment and have knowledge of some of the tools that will be used
- Be able to explain the choice of materials for a project, calculate the correct quantities, source these from an appropriate supplier and identify the correct disposal method for waste materials
- Understand the preparation required for painting and wall papering different surfaces
- Know how to apply paint and wall paper to different surfaces and have know techniques for different situations.
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Getting Started. Introduction, Communication.
- Module 2: Tools and Materials. Tools and Equipment, Paints and Thinners, Wall Hangings and Adhesives, Storing and Disposing of Tools and Materials .
- Module 3: Preparation. Preparing Wood Surfaces, Preparing Plastered and Rendered Surfaces, Preparing Metal Surfaces, Wallpaper Preparation.
- Module 4: Painting. Colour Theory, Applying Paint.
- Module 5: Hanging Wall Coverings. The Starting Point, Cutting and Pasting the Paper, Hanging Paper on Walls, Hanging Paper to a Ceilings.
- Module 6: End Test. Questions to test understanding of the theory covered in the tutorial modules.
- Scenario. An interactive 3D virtual reality scenario.
Don’t forget once you have purchased and received your product, leave a "Customer Review" and share your thoughts with others.