This highly interactive programme is designed to give you an understanding of the carpentry trade. It is developed in alignment with units from the Wood Occupations; National Occupational Standards (NOS) so can be used for study towards certification. It covers the technicalities of carpentry & joinery as well as looking at sustainability, health & safety and functional skills in an interactive and visually engaging manner.
The training programme is based on highly interactive multimedia screens comprised of text, 3D graphics, 2D/3D animation, audio and an end test. It is extremely engaging, clear and intuitive.
Once you have completed the tutorials, a 3D virtual reality scenario allows you to carry out carpentry and joinery in a safe practice area. A real life situation tests your ability and knowledge of carpentry and joinery. When complete, a printable report displays your score and detailed feedback about how well you performed.
The training facilitates learning and enhances the understanding of carpentry & joinery concepts as well as instilling good working practices. The main objectives of the programme are:
- To give an understanding of the carpentry & joinery process
- To cover technical aspects involved with the trade
- To provide vital health and safety information
- To provide an awareness of sustainability and environmental issues
- To improve functional skills
- Understand the role of the carpenter in the working environment and have knowledge of some of the tools that will be used
- Be able to explain the choice of materials for a project, calculate the correct quantities, source these from an appropriate supplier and identify the correct disposal method for waste materials
- Understand the preparation and procedures for substructure and superstructure work
- Understand the preparation and procedures for finishes and any joinery work
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Getting Started. Introduction, Setting Up the Site, Communication.
- Module 2: Tools and Materials. Tools, Timbers, Sheet Materials, Metal Products, Ordering of Materials, Storage of Materials, Disposal of Materials.
- Module 3: Carpentry Below Ground (Substructure). Substructure.
- Module 4: Carpentry Above Ground (Superstructure/First Fix). Carcassing, Prepared Timber.
- Module 5: Finishes (Second Fix). Doors, Ironmongery and Mouldings, Service Encasements and Fitments.
- Module 6: End Test. Questions to test understanding of the theory covered in the tutorial modules.
- Scenario: An interactive 3D virtual reality scenario.
Don’t forget once you have purchased and received your product, leave a "Customer Review" and share your thoughts with others.